Return of the Mac
Here’s another macaroni recipe that is a crowd favorite. My mom’s tuna macaroni salad is almost as famous as her Eddie Murphy laugh. Everyone loves this salad so I figured I better learn how to make it. It’s super easy so of course it took me like 2.5 hours.
- Crumble the tuna instead of dumping the whole can into the bowl. Once you get over the smell of catfood, mush it all up and separate it so it mixes in better.
- Add a bunch of glops of mayonaise (yuck) even more than you think is necessary. Truth be told, I HATE mayo. I despise the way it sounds and smells, and as I type this, my lip is curling up in disgust. But, you gotta use it for the salad. So fine. Mayo. Lots.
- Make it the night before so it can “gel.” Not like Jersey Shore gel, but gel as in the macaroni soaks up all the gooey mayo.
- Add/subtract the onions and salad cubes to taste. I personally am not a fan of pickles, I feel like my hands smell like them all day, but it adds to the flava!
Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 3 cans tuna
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 slices onion, diced
- 3 boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 spears dill pickle, minced
- 1/2 jar salad cubes, drained
- 2 cups (or more) mayo
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- dash of paprika
Combine all the above stuff into a bowl. Add the mayo last and the onions and pickles to taste. Yum!!!
Photo credit: James Jonas Shea the sixteenth