Bangin Buffalo Dip
Aw snap. Superbowl Sunday is like the Thanksgiving of February. It’s a day to rejoice and gather in the name of football, wings, and more meat products. First rule of Superbowl eating: 1st round of food is meat only. Meatballs, wings, burgers, pigs in blanket, just a meatlovers delight.
The only annoying thing about this recipe was shredding the chicken. Holy early arthritis Batman! My fingers almost tensed up and formed claws.
Again, I digress.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 package chicken breasts
- Frank’s Hot Sauce (small bottle)
- 16 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bottle Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing
- good working joints
- ability to resist eating dip before serving
1. Boil chicken breasts in a pot of water. (Don’t act like you already know how to do this (I didn’t). Just put them in the water and let it boil for about 20 minutes).
2. Layer a 13x9x2 (or smaller) pan with the cream cheese.
3. Dump the salad dressing on the cheese.
4. Once the chicken is done, start shredding the chicken with your hands. This is not fun. It also helps if the chicken is not hot. Just sayin. Burned my fingers.
5. Mix a bottle of hot sauce and the chicken in a bowl. Really get it mixed in good, or as Chris Rock said, “Let that Tussin get in there.”
6. Dump the hot sauce chicken on top of the dressing.
7. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until it gets bubbly.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy the game!!
This is one of those things that has ‘inner beauty’ which means the photo looked a hot mess annnnnnd I’m putting it in the archives with my middle school/high school/early college photos when I was rockin a unibrow. You’ll just have to trust me 🙂