I’m having a moment. I feel like I have seen the light! (Chorus of angels)
I made up my own recipe!! I want to shout it from the rooftops! I wish I had a megahorn like my middle school principal yelling, “It does not take 5 people to open a locker. Get to class!”
So I had a bunch of leftovers, and it wasn’t enough to make a meal out of and I was just going to throw it out. But then – a thought – what if I somehow combined the leftovers to make a NEW meal??
I had a rotisserie chicken, white rice and spinach. Hmmm what could I make with that? AHA! SOUP! I used chicken broth, picked the chicken until it looked like a carcass and dumped the rice and spinach in a pot.
I added some red pepper flakes (or mirchi for my Indian friends) to really jazz it up. Yes, I said “jazz it up.”
Now comes the tricky part. I don’t have a recipe to share! So this is my best advice to re-create this masterpiece.
Chicken & Rice Soup
- shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 box chicken broth (or 2 cans)
- 1 package frozen spinach (cook it first)
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
1. Cook the rice. Cook the spinach.
2. Shred the chicken (use the rotisserie chicken since it has so much flavor).
3. Heat the chicken broth on medium for a few minutes.
4. Dump the chicken, rice and spinach in the pot. Cook for about 10 minutes.
5. Season with red pepper flakes and black pepper to taste.
Enjoy!!! Tell me how it comes out!