Oh yeah! This is the third salad in my Summer Salad Series. That’s right, three makes it an official series. HAYO
I made this salad for two different parties this month. It’s zesty, refreshing and easy to make! Grilled corn adds an extra kick! HIYA! It would be ideal to have tortilla strips, but I just literally crushed some tortilla chips in my bear hands.
I made this salad without meat. (flashback to My Big Fat Greek Wedding – what do you mean you don’t EAT NO MEAT?!)
But grilled chicken or shrimp is a great addition.
- 1 bag romaine lettuce
- 1 big red pepper, chopped
- 2 ears grilled corn
- 1 avocado
- tortilla strips
- BBQ sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1. Rinse the lettuce, put into a big bowl.
2. Chop the red pepper and slice the corn. Add to lettuce.
3. Crumble the tortilla chips into the salad with your bear hands.
4. Slice the avocado right before serving. Sprinkle with lime juice to add some zest and keep it from getting all brown and gross looking. Gently add to salad to keep it from getting mush.
5. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and BBQ sauce for the dressing. Add more or less of each to taste.
P.S. My friend Susan taught me how to easily cut an avocado. Slice in half, get rid of the thingy in the middle, then cut while it’s still in the skin and just flip over!